Loading content - please wait...
COVID 19 Measures at Miguel’s Diving
COVID 19 measures that we take at Miguel’s Diving are designed to help lower the risk of transmitting that virus among guests and to our staff. In addition to new normal precautions, we have special protocols designed for our divers. We combined measures suggested by Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI) and Divers’ Alert Network (DAN). Also, we customized them to fit our situation here in Gorontalo. We have diving protocol posters in English and Indonesian on display at the dive center for easy reference.
New Normal Protocol
- Hand washing with soap & water for at least 20 seconds
- Social distance of 1.5 meters; when not possible, wear a cloth/health mask
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, mouth
- Cough away and into the elbow
COVID 19 Measures for Divers
- Bring only necessary personal items on board
- Check body temperature prior to leaving hotel
- Wash hands on board with soap
- Ask staff for drinking water, coffee, etc.
- Ask staff to open/close the dive tank
- Wear a cloth/health mask on board
- Clean dive mask with baby shampoo or cleaner, not spit
- Keep dive mask on at ocean surface
- Clear sinuses in ocean away from others
- Maintain social distancing when waiting to ascend the ladder
- Keep dive mask on when ascending the ladder
Additional services from the dive center
- Body temperature check daily for guests & staff
- Soaking of each regulator & mask set for a minute in 22ml Clorox/L water
- Disposable health mask if guests forget to bring
- Cleaning and disinfecting of our vehicle after each trip
These are the COVID 19 measures we take to guard the health and safety of our guests and staff. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation and understanding.
In order to enter Gorontalo, travelers must show a negative COVID 19 test result. This is in effect for arrivals by air, land, or sea. As a result, Miguel’s Diving does not ask to see a guest’s test.
Sorry, comments are closed for this post.